Architect I Position
Posted Friday, May 19
Station 19 Architects, Inc.
Have an architect’s eye for design with interiors interest? Passionate about seeing non-profit ministries grow? Want to work in a collaborative, supportive environment? Looking to make a difference with the design work that you do? As a vital part of the Station 19 Architects team, you’ll do all of this while continuing to grow and be challenged in your career as you see projects through all phases.
Station 19 Architects is a planning, architecture, and interior design firm in Minneapolis, MN with 40+ years as specialists serving nonprofit ministries to help them carry out their vision for their facility; to tell their story in a meaningful way through the spaces they utilize. AND we are growing! We have great projects, and we are expanding our team. We are looking for a creative
In this role, you will be competent in architectural drafting, Sketch-up models (minimal), ArchiCAD modeling, detailing, documentation, document organization, presentation, and planning preparation. You will have the opportunity to gain knowledge, understanding, and skill in both historical and contemporary buildings as well as various types and phases of projects from small interior remodels to mid-sized additions, to large-scale new facilities. In addition, you will benefit from a collaborative, innovative design team with decades of experience.
• Multi-Phased support in ArchiCAD modeling, setups, Graphics, Graphic Design, Drafting, and Documentation.
• Building design and enhancement of the overall building concept with appropriate and supportive detailing.
• Project filing and organization.
• Organize and maintain the interior resource library.
• Attend regular check-in and update meetings with Interior Designer.
• Adapt and show flexibility in tasks given and in managing schedules and deadlines.
• Build and construct finish boards/books for clients.
• Display creativity in approaching every situation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Display creative problem-solving, design of space, and follow-up with options.
• Display excellent graphic sensibilities with quality graphic presentations.
• Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Be flexible in tasks given and managing schedules and deadlines.
• Highly organized, self-motivated, and work independently.
• Meet deadlines with the willingness to put in extra effort when needed.
• Set internal goals to complete the overall project.
• “Do whatever it takes” to help fulfill the mission of our company.
• Confident and Humble
• Willing to Take Risks.
• Curious and Willing to Learn.
• Graphically Minded and Inclined.
• A Team Player.
• Graduate Degree from an Accredited Architecture School.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an Accredited School.
• Proficiency with BIM Software, Sketch-up, MacOS, Adobe Suite of Products, and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Project management experience.
• Phases of design including Planning, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
• Construction means, methods, and building techniques.
WHY WORK AT STATION 19?
• Be a vital part of a team/family.
• Opportunity to design at every Phase of a project.
• Collaborative & Supportive Work Environment.
• Diversity of Project Types & seeing all Phases.
• Challenge & Growth Opportunities.
• Social Justice & Community Impact.
• Non-profit Work.
• Work has meaning & purpose – more than just a building – Create environments with meaning and purpose.
If you are excited and want to learn more about the opportunity, send your resume, an introductory letter explaining why you want to join The Station 19 Architects Team, and a brief portfolio to Ailee Nelson at Ailee_Nelson@comcast.net.