Architectural College Intern (Housing Studio)
Posted Thursday, January 30
LHB has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural College Intern to join our award-winning Housing studio that works with clients to design high quality housing for residents with a variety of needs. We are seeking someone with a passion for excellence in multi-family housing design and aspirations for cost effective innovation in energy performance and resident life enrichment. Our team’s passion is to create regenerative communities through our supportive studio-based culture that foster’s curiosity and embraces diversity to build lasting relationships.
This internship has the opportunity for mentoring from professional architects as well as support through the AXP process. Full-time during summer 2020 with the potential for 8-10 hours a week during the 20-21 academic year.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Project team support in all design and construction phases under direct supervision
• Development of graphics for visual communication
• Working collaboratively with a team
• Pursuing an Architecture degree: 4th year Bachelor student looking to continue into a Master’s program and/ or currently enrolled in 1st year Master’s program
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Application materials demonstrate working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
• Application materials demonstrate exceptional design skill and creativity
• Application materials demonstrate knowledge of sustainable design strategies
• Professional verbal communication and writing skills
• Work Samples
Position Closing Date: February 28, 2020
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: education, public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has architects, interior designers, landscape architects, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, and land surveyors, LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled