Architectural Construction Administration Intern
Posted Monday, February 8
Kaas Wilson Architects
At Kaas Wilson Architects, we roll up our sleeves and get stuff done. We are a group of 60+ down-to-earth, passionate professionals who strive to better our communities, one building at a time. We work on affordable housing, senior living, renovation, and historic preservation. We do it because we see the impact it makes; and we’ve been rewarded for our efforts with many awards.
We believe in collaboration and teamwork. We respect our differences and park our egos at the door. We embrace hard work because we believe in the communities we’re serving. We are invested in each other’s success. Join us and be part of something bigger than yourself.
Employees receive strong benefit packages with merit-based bonuses, a 401(k) contribution, professional development funds, and health insurance covered at 100% for the employee (plus, lots and lots of coffee when we’re at the office). We work hard, but maintain a flexible schedule, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We believe our work will be better when there is more diversity in our workforce; that our differences strengthen us. Thus, we strongly encourage applications from those who are members of marginalized communities.
We are currently seeking a Construction Administration Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate would be described as creative, detail-oriented, professional, self-motivated, personable, articulate, and collaborative.
• Assist in managing all aspects of projects under construction
• Provide all necessary administrative support to the Construction Administration Department
• Serve as the primary liaison between our Construction Administration Project Managers, design professionals, and general contractors.
• Apply comprehensive knowledge of all types of building systems such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire suppression, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, security and low voltage to projects under construction
• Observe construction progress, attend onsite meetings, prepare relevant documents
• Assist in drafting, responding, submitting, and tracking: Site observations, field reports, shop drawings, RFI responses, change orders, construction change directives, substitutions, proposed changes, pay applications, substantial complete certificates, close-out activities, etc.
• Review technical construction documents and participate in quality control activities
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable codes for project and resolve issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction
• Evaluate the results of laboratory tests and implement the necessary course of action required by the test results and lab recommendations
• Apply knowledge of the effect of atmospheric conditions on building materials and components during and after construction.
• Provide professional services in compliance with the requirements of the Owner-Architect contract and any Additional Services agreements
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience
• Degree or minor preferred in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent
• Self-Starter with the ability to simultaneously work and assist on multiple projects
• Proven knowledge of construction documents with a strong ability to understand and review construction drawings, specifications, shop drawings, etc.
• Ability to travel throughout MN as well as out of state where required
• Excellent writing and communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Honest, reliable, detail-oriented, solid professional code of ethics, and strong work ethic
• Knowledge of MS Office suite, Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Construction Management platforms (Procore, Submittal Exchange, etc.), and some Revit knowledge a plus
• Car, driver’s license, and clean driving record required.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Merit-based bonuses
• Paid time off
• Health insurance paid at 100% for employee; dental, vision, and other insurance available
• Professional Development funds for continuing education and professional memberships
• Flexible schedule
• Casual work environment