Architectural Construction Administration Professional
Posted Wednesday, January 31
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an award-winning, full-service architectural design practice based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Work at Miller Dunwiddie spans a broad range of project types including aviation, transportation, faith-based and education projects as well as being a recognized leader in historic preservation (See our work at www.millerdunwiddie.com).
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is a group of talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to working collaboratively to bring about the highest quality of design, program resolution and construction to a project with solutions borne from client needs. We have an open, transparent work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, high work morale and dedication to client service unify our staff. Our office culture is characterized by creativity, flexibility, and a focus on people. Located in Downtown Minneapolis, we are dedicated to creating and maintaining a vibrant workplace with a hybrid work schedule to foster work life balance for our employees.
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is seeking a motivated Architectural Construction Administration Professional with experience working in the architecture and design fields with a strong ability to collaborate with project teams to support the Construction Contract Administration phase of projects. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the construction phase of projects and willing to support the internal design team. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with their teams to support, develop, and coordinate the design and implementation of a full range of project types.
• Reporting to Principal-in-Charge
• Communication with Project Manager, Project Architect, internal and consultant teams
• Provide on-site reviews of progress and communications with design team, owner, and contractors
• Attend pre-bid, pre-construction, pre-installation and quality control testing meetings at the project site
• Provide periodic internal reviews of scheduling, phasing, cost estimating, review of constructability
• Assist in the preparation of changes to be issued to contracts by approved methods
• Respond to owner, stakeholder and contractor requests
• Provide ongoing Construction Contract Administration coordination with the design team
• Complete project close-out reviews and documentation through Substantial and Final Completion
• Work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, a passion for discovery and constant improvement, high motivation, and an ability to collaborate and work within a team setting are essential.
• Diverse knowledge of architectural products and research abilities.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in construction services, administrative support, contract administration and construction project management
• Experience with the construction industry processes, codes and AIA documentation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Bluebeam and familiarity with contractor project management software such as Procore or related software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Science, or Construction Management from an accredited program or related experience in the construction industry
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Familiarity with AIA A201 General Conditions
• Familiarity with multiple project delivery methods including Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build and Construction Manager at Risk
Miller Dunwiddie offers an exciting working environment with competitive salaries that are commensurate with level of experience.
All inquiries should be made through our Human Resources system. A link to their website can be found at www.millerdunwiddie.com on the Careers page under Join Our Team. Please submit the completed application form along with your resume and supporting documentation.
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (612) 337-0000.