Posted Tuesday, February 23
Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies nationwide. We have operations in 19 states. For over 40 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. By 2025, the company expects to be the country’s pre-eminent private developer, owner, and property manager of affordable housing.
Our in-house Architecture division is responsible for leading the design and drawing efforts of our multi-family developments. We use predeveloped standard designs for our properties and the internal team is in charge of executing and upholding those standards. We are seeking a fulltime licensed Architect or Architectural Designer, with 5-7 years post educational experience, to be a team member at our corporate office located in Plymouth, MN.
An ideal candidate would be a highly motivated individual with a background in production, design, and graphic delivery. Experience working on multi-family projects is a plus.
• Works closely with the Architectural Project Managers (APM) during the life cycle of projects
• Assists with design and detailing of both rehab and new construction projects
• Works with the APMs in coordinating project information and directing internal production staff to execute the deliverables
• Involved in researching building code and accessibility standard requirements
• Assists the APM with construction administration tasks, including ASI’s and RFI responses
• Become familiar with Dominium standards, and incorporate them into new construction and rehabilitation projects
• Prepare graphics and presentation materials for client meetings
• Works in a team environment producing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Works closely with the internal Construction team to produce documents that will be efficient, within budget, and contractor friendly.
• Professional degree (B.Arch or M.Arch) from an accredited institution
• 4-6 years of experience in Architecture
• Licensed or working toward licensure a plus
• Experience with multifamily housing a plus
• Proficiency in Revit
• Skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam software
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Enthusiastic about design, production, and standardization
• Ability to balance workload and deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong graphic and visualization skills to create design ideas and detail standards.
We offer a competitive salary, community volunteer and outreach program, incentive bonus program and comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Recognition, & Wellness Programs.
If you would like to be a part of a rapidly growing company and have an interest in working within a development company, Dominium is the place for you!