Architectural Designer II
Posted Monday, November 8
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG)
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG) is an award-winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems.
The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
At ESG, everyone is welcome. We appreciate and value differences among our team, clients, partners and vendors, and in the communities where we live and conduct business. As an inclusive workplace, we encourage bringing your authentic and whole selves to work.
ESG currently has an opening for an Architectural Designer II. This position requires the ability to work in InDesign, Photoshop, Enscape, and Revit from the start, with additional programs that can be learned on the job. We are looking for someone with a graphic eye, an understanding of architectural design and great communication skills.
ESG team members are currently working remotely, so a person would need to be able to work independently and reach out when they have questions or need guidance.
• Assist project designers with concept development and documentation throughout city review and approval process
• Create project presentations using InDesign
• Render plans, elevations and 3D views using Enscape and Photoshop
• Produce fit plans for prospective development sites using Revit and SketchUp
• Clean up mark-up/redlines on documents, using computer modeling software
• Assist in preparing documents from schematic design through construction documents phase.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture
• 2-3 years professional experience
• Proficient knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Enscape and Revit
• Strong graphics and presentation skills
• Basic understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning regulations, building construction, building systems and site requirements
• Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
• High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
• Excellent communication skills and ability to have a solid working relationship with team members.
Skills and Behaviors:
• Have a “can-do” attitude
• Be willing to jump in no matter how exciting the task may (or may not) be
• Anticipate project and client needs ahead of time
• Be willing to ask for help
Benefits and Compensation:
• Competitive salary
• Flexible work schedules with work-from-home option during COVID (including all necessary hardware and software)
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance packages
• Bonus and profit sharing
• 401K matching program.
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.