Posted Tuesday, January 24
Join the Shea team in Creating Experiences as an Architectural Intern this summer in our downtown Minneapolis office.
We’re seeking a student Architectural Intern with strong interest in restaurant + hospitality, retail, and workplace environments to join our team for a paid opportunity, 40 hours per week from mid-May through mid-August.
Learn from experienced architects, designers and leadership at Shea as you gain hands-on experience engaging in all architectural phases from schematic design, design development, presentation drawings and final construction documents to site visits and construction administration.
Assist in performing basic analysis of design and construction systems, planning and occupancy studies, design layouts and construction details. You’ll contribute directly to active projects, collaborating with other members of the team to help our clients reach their goals.
You’ll receive learning opportunities and mentorship as well as the opportunity to enjoy Shea’s culture from everyday office interactions to special events.
This includes monthly Shea Celebrates gatherings to recognize our team and learn about exciting Shea happenings inside and outside of our office.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong attention to detail and clear communication skills.
Our Must Haves:
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture at an accredited institution
– Thorough understanding of conceptual design and developing knowledge of construction methods and techniques, plan reading and preparation of construction documentation
– Developing knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD software and proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Knowledge of Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp are a bonus
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
If that’s you, and you want to join us in Creating Experiences, we’d love to talk. No phone calls/agency calls, please. Shea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.