Posted Wednesday, February 7
Core States Group
Reports to: Project Designer/Project Managers
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Minneapolis, MN office (111 3rd Ave S, ste 400)
Our fully integrated services create an end-to-end partner for our clients, allowing us to work together on all aspects of their programs. Our integrated practices provide seamless continuity, drive speed to market, and facilitate a remarkable customer experience.
Summary of Position:
Our Interns are responsible for drafting architectural projects under the guidance of the assigned supervisor. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, they will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil, and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. They will be responsible to produce architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments. This position allows for a licensed architect to sign off on hours worked and qualifies for experience through the Architectural Experience Program (AXP) developed by NCARB and required by most licensing boards.
· Assist with site feasibility research and code research to generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
· Complete design tasks under the direction and guidance of senior staff.
· Organize and maintain project files.
· Demonstrate and grow in knowledge of basis of design and codes.
· Assist in the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and all phases of projects.
Education and Experience:
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
· Strong organization and communication skills.
· AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and MS Office required. Revit optional.
· SketchUp, Twinmotion and other design software is a plus
· $18-$22 per hour
Core States is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.