Architectural intern / Designer
Posted Tuesday, April 23
Scalzo Architects, Ltd.
Find your life/work balance in Duluth Minnesota and experience the benefits of a small architectural and interior design studio. Scalzo Architects have multiple opportunities for creative and motivated architectural professionals to join our team. The successful candidates will participate in all phases of design for a variety of projects encompassing new construction, renovation, adaptive re-use, tenant improvements and historic preservation/restoration/rehabilitation.
Scalzo Architects has provided over 25 years of design services in Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We offer a collaborative, supportive work environment focused on client service; providing creative design solutions; and a commitment to quality and technical expertise. Our diverse experience is demonstrated by projects in health care, municipal/civic, commercial, education, housing and industrial.
• Assistance in building assessment and site planning
• Pre-design, including programming and feasibility studies
• Schematic design and design development
• Architectural renderings
• Communication with clients, contractors, subcontracts and vendors
• Coordination with consultants and authority having jurisdiction
• Development and production of construction documents
• Contractor selection process and construction administration
• NAAB Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
• Up to 10 years of experience
• Must be proficient with AutoCAD; knowledge of Revit and SketchUp a plus
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Must have time management skills with strong abilities to multi-task and prioritize
• Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the architectural field.
Scalzo Architects offers competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package includes employee health, life, short & long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays, retirement savings program with a company match and health saving account. We support employee’s fulfillment of their AXP hours towards a path to acquire professional licensure; and continuing education for professional development.