Architectural Intern/ Draftsperson
Posted Thursday, May 9
David Heide Design Studio
David Heide Design Studio is a full-service architecture, interior design and historic restoration firm. Our talented team collaborates to design beautiful new homes, additions, and remodels that blend elements of timeless residential architecture with amenities for modern living.
We are seeking to hire a full-time design associate in our architecture department. The ideal candidate is highly-collaborative, motivated, organized, adaptive in a faced-paced environment, professional, articulate, courteous and creative.
– Working with project managers and architects on the production of schematic designs and contract documents using studio standards and best practices
– Documenting and observing site conditions
– Planning room arrangements, and assisting with Interior details
– Providing project & office administration support
– Interacting with clients, vendors, construction professionals and design consultants
– Desire to work professionally in residential architecture
– 1-5 years’ experience, preferably in the residential field
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Architecture
– Proficiency in AutoCAD 2016, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Sketchup and Microsoft Office Suite
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– The desire to work in a collaborative environment and the ability to take direction and work independently.
– The ability to stand for several hours at a time (site documentation), and the ability to occasionally lift and move furniture and carpets, etc. is desired but not mandatory.