Architectural Job Captain (Multiple Positions)
Posted Tuesday, August 2
ESG Architecture & Design
ESG currently has an opening for an Architectural Job Captain that will serve on a variety of project types and will be primarily responsible for project documentation and coordination. The Job Captain supports the Project Architect and Project Manager and guides the extended team to create complete design and construction documents. This role facilitates communication between the project team and consultants and is responsible for project detailing, drafting, quality assurance, and scheduling. The candidate will be charged with assuring that the project meets building codes, budget, and all necessary deadlines in order to fully meet client expectations. We are looking for someone to join our highly creative, collaborative design group that is passionate about fostering our team spirit and growing with us.
YOU’RE MEANT FOR THIS:
– Associates degree in Architectural Drafting or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
– Minimum of five (5) years of architectural experience.
Skills and Characteristics
– Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills.
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment and function comfortably, gain trust and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals including consultants, contractors and the ESG project team.
– Strong background in base building and interiors projects, including LEED‐certified projects.
– Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures and experience resolving complex technical and design issues.
– Ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done.
– Required proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
If you checked the boxes above, then what are you waiting for? Email your cover letter, resume, and project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply . People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG) is an award-winning architecture and interior design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
At ESG, everyone is welcome.
We appreciate and value differences among our team, clients, partners and vendors, and in the communities where we live and conduct business. As an inclusive workplace, we encourage bringing your authentic and whole selves to work.
Extraordinary Benefits to Match Your Extraordinary Talents:
We understand that you are more than the work you do. We’re comprised of parents, athletes, techies, outdoor enthusiasts, makers, foodies, neat freaks, pet lovers, go getters, social butterflies, introverts and so much more. We want people that work at ESG to feel supported and empowered in all the right ways. Benefits include:
– Environment: Inspired, Creative and Collaborative Co-workers
– Wellness: Work/life schedule flexibility, free on-site gym access, healthy snacks, stress (not so healthy) snacks, close proximity to river, stone arch bridge and park trails
– Internal Engagement: ESG JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion), ESG Green (Sustainability), ESG Cares (Community), Mentorship (All Levels), Design Exchange (Internal Presentations), Design Collaboration (Inspiration, Dialogue, Support), Sports Leagues (Volleyball, Softball, Bowling, etc…)
– Pre-tax Transportation Benefits/Metro Transit Pass
– Competitive salary
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance packages
– Bonus and profit sharing
– 401K matching program