Architectural Specifications Writer
Posted Wednesday, January 31
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an award-winning, full-service architectural design practice based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Work at Miller Dunwiddie spans a broad range of project types including aviation, transportation, faith-based and education projects as well as being a recognized leader in historic preservation (See our work at www.millerdunwiddie.com).
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is a group of talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to working collaboratively to bring about the highest quality of design, program resolution and construction to a project with solutions borne from client needs. We have an open, transparent work environment where camaraderie and collegial support are highly valued and where ambition, high work morale and dedication to client service unify our staff. Our office culture is characterized by creativity, flexibility, and a focus on people. Located in Downtown Minneapolis, we are dedicated to creating and maintaining a vibrant workplace with a hybrid work schedule to foster work life balance for our employees.
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is seeking a motivated Architectural Specification Writer with experience working in the architecture and design fields with a strong ability to collaborate with project teams to develop specifications and provide quality assurance reviews for a variety of projects. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about architecture, has a strong design sensibility and appreciates the process of articulating design through the documentation process. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with their teams to support, develop, and coordinate the design and implementation of a full range of project types.
• Reporting to Principal-in-Charge
• Communication with Project Manager, Project Architect, internal and consultant teams
• Prepare complete specifications for projects to industry and project team expectations.
• Product research and analysis
• Review of drawing documents for continuity and conformance of the specifications to the graphic documentation for projects
• Construction Administration coordination with the design team
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with the entire team on all areas of design including energy/performance analysis, envelope design, existing building intricacies and new and innovative products
• Work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, a passion for discovery and constant improvement, high motivation, and an ability to collaborate and work within a team setting are essential.
• Diverse knowledge of architectural products and research abilities
• Understanding of project risk and liability issues for the design team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in the production of Outline, Design Development and Construction Document Specifications on commercial architectural projects of various scales
• Experience with Masterspec or a demonstrated technical aptitude and willingness to learn the required software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Bluebeam and related software
• Minnesota Architecture License is preferred.
• Membership and affiliation as a CSI Certified Construction Specifier preferred.
• Evidence of continuing professional development
Miller Dunwiddie offers an exciting working environment with competitive salaries that are commensurate with an applicant’s level of experience. All inquiries should be made through our Human Resources system. A link to their website can be found at www.millerdunwiddie.com on the Careers page under Join Our Team. Please submit the completed application form along with your resume and supporting documentation.
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status or disability. If you need special accommodation responding to this ad, please call (612) 337-0000.