Posted Thursday, January 30
Architecture Advantage, LLC is seeking an enthusiastic Architectural Technician to join our growing St. Paul office! We specialize in Higher Education, Hospitality, Multi-Family and Government markets. The opportunity and potential are here for the right candidate to grow within the firm.
I. General Description
The Architectural Technician responsibilities include preparation of complete and accurate working plans and detailed drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes, in consultation with the project architect, project manager and senior leadership.
The following qualifications are required:
• A technical degree in an architecture or design related field. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit software.
• At least five years previous technical experience.
• The ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced setting with multiple project responsibilities.
• Excellent organization, communication, customer service, collaboration, time management and coordination skills.
Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup is preferred.
III. Salary and Benefits
Competitive wage and bonuses offered based on experience. The following benefits are offered:
• Health Insurance – full premium paid by employer
• SIMPLE IRA – 3% employer match
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Vacation/Sick Time
• Flexibility with schedule and remote work (full time remote employment not offered)
IV. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires the following duties, knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models to ensure adherence to defined standards.
• Working closely with project architect, project manager and other professionals, provide architectural design services and solutions on assigned projects, revise existing drawings as requested.
• Exhibit skill at computer assisted drawing, with the ability to visualize objects in three dimensions (3D).
• Attend project meetings, as requested.
• Exhibit excellent computer skills and proficiently manage AutoCAD, Revit, image design and editing software, Word, Excel, email, etc. with a high level of speed and accuracy
• Complete special projects, as needed and assigned by supervisor.
• Timely and regular attendance to complete job duties.
This position is at the hub of a fast-paced and growing business. S/he must thrive in a busy setting with frequent interruptions and have the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Mission, Vision & Values: Work cooperatively with all employees, clients and vendors to enhance our mission, vision and values.
• Attention to Detail
Support the mission by exhibiting professionalism, integrity and ethical behavior.
Communication and Teamwork: Practice positive communication and teamwork. Actively listen and follow our values in communicating with all employees, clients and vendors.
Policies and Procedures: Know, follow and enforce policies and procedures. Suggest improvements to procedures that would enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Positive Work Environment: Build and foster positive employee attitudes and morale. Develop and promote positive co-worker relationships. Address problems between individuals directly, respectfully, honestly and with integrity.
Cultural Competency and Inclusiveness: Display sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural and other differences in the employee, client and vendor population. Maintain and support an inclusive work environment free from bullying, discrimination and harassment.
Self-Development: Improve and develop personal and professional potential. Assess personal strengths and areas for improvement. Maintain regular and reliable level of attendance necessary to perform job responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time