Associate Architect – (2) positions
Posted Sunday, February 6
Design by Melo
Design by Melo is an architectural, urban design and community development services provider specializing in residential and commercial architecture in the Twin Cities.
Design by Melo was founded in the belief that the built environment needs to do more than address the functional needs of proposed spaces – the built environment must also speak to the values of global engagement, cultural competency, inclusion, sustainability and human performance.
Design by Melo is composed of professionals with engaging personalities, multicultural and global backgrounds. Our team is approachable and nurtures an interactive and authentic relationship with each other, clients, and communities to create aesthetically pleasing and economically feasible design solutions that remain relevant as demographics and economics shift.
About The Position:
In this position, your day-to-day activities will include:
• Participation in the design concept phase of projects
• 3d modeling for both iterative design purposes as well as for documentation and renderings
• Supporting the design phase by producing presentation materials
• Drafting and drawing set production on various projects of various sizes under the guidance of our lead architect
• Coordinating your work with other team members providing drafting on projects
• Integration of specifications into drawing sets
• Support the material and product research and selection.
• Technical degree or a bachelor’s degree in architecture or a related field
• 3-5+ years of professional architectural design/rendering/drafting experience
• Well versed in InDesign
• Self-motivated and highly driven
• Passionate about high quality and inclusive design
• Passionate about community focused projects
• Culturally sensitive and comfortable interacting VERY EQUITABLY with BIPOC clients and communities. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
• Very familiar with and proficient in Revit and familiarity with related tools and process
• Demonstrated graphic presentation skills, specifically InDesign
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant and a positive influence is the team is a must.
What we Offer:
As a young but strong firm, Design by Melo offers a great opportunity for professional growth. We are collaborators that count on each other’s strength to achieve effectiveness and to create a work environment that is nurturing to our team.
Compensation and Benefits
• Annual Salary: $65,000 – $75,000, depending on experience and skills
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (DbM covers 70% of the premiums)
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• 401K with a 2% match after 6 months of employment
• 9 paid holidays
• 2 weeks of paid vacation
• Flexible working hours with core hours being 10-4
• Remote work is optional