Associate Design Manager
Posted Monday, January 20
Position Mission: Create and support outstanding store design within the new and remodeled store process for company operated stores. Provide design oversight for franchise store designs. Assist store design team with the creative design evolution, preliminary space planning, regional and local store designs, construction document management, architect and engineer coordination, value engineering efforts and maintaining prototype conformity. This position works within the Development Department alongside the construction and real estate team and acts as an internal consultant to the facilities management team.
• Own store design process working with real estate staff, legal staff, operations directors, landlords, and design consultants to establish design intent, and to obtain internal Real Estate committee approvals as well as required landlord approvals.
• Ensure overall coordination of the research, design, planning and production phases of new store projects.
• Assist with the supervision of architectural/engineering consultants and exterior sign vendors to ensure brand design accuracy, functionality, operational acceptability, and consistency of construction documents within designated time frames.
• Participate in cross-functional and departmental meetings to verify business and functional needs are achieved with store design.
• Work on concurrent projects beginning with a defined shell space through store space planning, construction document management, exterior signage development and support final construction.
• Accurately document, track and archive project drawings and files.
• Lead a timely decision-making process to ensure all outstanding design issues are resolved; act as a solution consultant to architects and other outside consultants.
• Seek methods to improve cost effectiveness related to store design process and space build-out costs.
• Assist with design decisions related to maintaining the existing store base.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating existing finish library with current and innovative samples.
• Participate in new concept design development with Store Design team as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong space planning skills
• Working knowledge of building construction, construction documents, and shop drawing reviews
• Ability to multi-task
• Clear written and verbal communications.
• Comfortable making presentations to management.
• Solid time management skills.
• Current knowledge of industry trends in restaurant design and retail stores.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Adhere to company policies, programs, and work rules.
• Perform work in a timely and professional manner.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and team player.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Able to take direction and follow through multi-step project steps/procedures consistently.
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Interior Design preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience in architecture and/or interior design with an emphasis in restaurant or retail projects
• 3-5 years AutoCAD experience.
• Demonstrated experience managing outside consultants.
• Strong background in project management including internal cross-functional partnership grounded in design.
• Experience in coordination of architectural, Mechanical Electric and Plumbing (MEP) and interior design consultants to facilitate Construction Drawing (CD) production.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Endure hours of desk/computer work, lengthy phone conversations and fatigue from travel/site visits. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply today: https://coffeeandbagelbrands.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/coffeeandbagelbrands/job/Brooklyn-CenterMN–3900-Lakebreeze-Ave-N/Associate-Design-Manager_R46062