Bridge Design Technician
Posted Tuesday, November 21
Apply At: https://lhbcorp.com/careers/open-positions/
LHB has an immediate opportunity for a Bridge Design Technician to join our Duluth Bridge Design unit. The position, part of our Public Works and Structures group, can be based out of our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Produce and organize detailed technical drawings and plans for bridges and other structures
• Work in a team environment with engineers and other technicians
• Work with engineers and other technicians to perform field assessments on existing bridges
• Accurately field assess and measure existing conditions to detail replacement or supplemental components.
• Associates Degree in Drafting, Civil Technology, or related field (May 2024 grads will be considered)
• One year of prior relevant experience
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative group
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MicroStation ORD and/or GEOPAK or AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong communication skills; able to be concise and communicate effectively
• Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external disciplines
• Previous experience developing detail drawings and bridge plans
• Previous bridge inspection or field work experience helpful but not required
• MSHA or MNDOT certifications helpful but not required
• Willing and able to travel to job sites within 150-mile radius of Duluth or Minneapolis
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Medical and Dental
• HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
• Base Life and AD&D
• 401k with Company Match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Cover Letter.
Closing Date: December 15, 2023
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled