Building Envelope Architect/Consultant
Posted Wednesday, February 20
RSI Building Envelope
RSI Building Envelope is a design and quality assurance observation firm, started in 1986, specializing in all aspects of the building envelope. We create design solutions for all manner of buildings from historic cathedrals to modern skyscrapers. Our clients include fortune 500 companies, churches, federal, state and local government and many more. The majority of our projects are the rehabilitation of existing buildings to function in a watertight and sound manner while maintaining the original design intent for years to come.
We are currently seeking an architect/engineer/consultant capable of generating construction documents meeting all applicable codes for the installation and repair of the building envelope including roofs, fenestrations, exterior walls, and waterproofing. Candidates should be passionate about furthering their education in the building envelope. RSI strongly values continuing education and certification related to the building envelope.
• Provide consulting services to clients on a variety of topics, including performing a third-party review of construction documents and specifications for Building envelope components.
• Assist in the analysis of Building component failures and develop means of assessment and conducting an investigation.
• Write reports and documentation; review reports of others.
• Oversee creation of construction documents for building envelope repair/replacement.
• Utilize your marketing and business development skills to sell and perform professional services, including developing project scope/cost estimates and write proposals, and perform the work in compliance with those estimates.
• Making presentations to professional organizations and clients in the process of marketing.
• Occasional travel.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are required to describe observations, analysis, testing, and conclusions based upon building codes, industry standards, and professional experience.
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
• Ability to visit a project or job site. This can be in a combination of tightly enclosed areas, or on ladders, lifts, and scaffolding. At times the job can be physically demanding and involves interior and exterior work in all weather conditions.
• Degreed Architect/Engineer from an accredited college, or equivalent education and experience in related architectural/engineering/construction industry.
• Professional registration as an Architect/Engineer preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in the architecture/engineering dealing with issues related to Building Sciences and Building construction.
• Extensive experience in the detailing, construction and construction administration phases of a Building project.
• Experience with building systems, waterproofing, windows/curtainwall, exterior façade materials, roofing, and masonry.
• Good knowledge of Building Codes, Energy Codes.
• Prior successful experience in project management is desired.
RSI (Roof Spec, Inc.) offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan, PTO, and paid holidays.