Posted Thursday, May 27
Minnesota Wisconsin Playground
Salary / Compensation
$40,000 per year with benefits (health, 401k)
Minnesota Wisconsin Playgrounds is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our in-house design team in St. Louis Park. We are a full service, turn key company providing commercial recreation equipment and services to parks, schools, housing and more. We represent leading manufacturers in playground and outdoor fitness equipment, site furnishings, shade shelters, safety surfacing and other products.
• Provide detailed 2D site plans, 3D renderings and pricing files for each project from sketches and/or other mark-ups
• Use AutoCAD to efficiently and accurately design and draft plans
• Use Lumion and other modeling software to create 3D renderings
• Review, organize and distribute Contract Documents (drawings, specifications, schedules, RFIs, etc.) and shop drawings/submittals to appropriate team members.
• Coordinate with suppliers/vendors to estimate projects
• Perform basic estimating skills utilizing estimating software
• Distribute and log all of the above activities for the team.
• Assist in drafting, submitting and tracking RFIs and their corresponding responses.
• Attend field coordination meetings & distribute meeting notes
• Administer/update progress drawings and as-built drawings.
• Create renders for playgrounds, shelters, and site furnishings
• Assist in the identification, tracking and reporting of changes to original scope of work.
• Maintain equipment procurement logs.
• Assist in site safety compliance
• Assist project manager and field foreman to track labor productivity in accounting software.
• Proficient in AutoCAD required
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills required
• Knowledge of quoting and estimating in relation to the construction industry
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment, supervised or independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient in Adobe Suite
• Proficient in Lumion or similar 3D modeling program
• Willing to work extended hours
• Solid understanding of construction and site work.
• Ability to read and comprehend construction documents
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
• Understanding of business administration and management principles
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Lumion (3D Modeling)
• Adobe Suite
• Bachelor’s degree related to design, construction or similar.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
• Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
• Personal protective equipment required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
• 40K/year Salary
• 401 K
Janelle Van Sloun