Chief Designer- Residential
Posted Thursday, February 11
This is your opportunity to lead the award-winning Design team at MA Peterson DesignBuild, Inc. Located in Edina, Minnesota, MA Peterson is a high-end residential remodeling company focused on providing complete and customized design solutions for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Designer to join our team! A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with a passion for customer service. The right candidate should function as both a team member and a leader with a can-do attitude and the proven ability to succeed.
This full-time position reports to our President and provides:
• Competitive compensation consisting of base salary.
• Competitive benefits including, paid time off (PTO), health insurance options including health savings accounts, dental insurance, 401K, Long Term Disability (LTD) and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the ideal team member, you will bring creativity, professionalism, and energy to the position.
Working in an environment that encourages collaboration to develop design solutions for clients in a variety of project types. In the role of Chief Designer, you will take the lead role in meeting with clients to develop conceptual designs through construction documents.
You will also be supported by fellow team members to accomplish the following:
• Field measure and document existing structure
• CAD drafting existing floor and elevation drawings
• Develops design schematics including detailed dimensioned electrical and plumbing rough-in plans and building works plans.
• Uses industry software such as AutoCAD and Revit as well as rough sketches and notes to accurately prepare the final product
• Collaborate with the preconstruction team and provide conceptual design
• Prepare, organize and lead all client selection meetings. (e.g. flooring, windows, siding, shingles, stone, fireplace, doors, millwork, tile, plumbing fixtures, paint, light fixtures, hardware, etc.)
• Be the point person for client communication through the preconstruction process. Perform design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation.
• Develop detail design package, including the specification of materials, fixtures and furniture, coordinating with dealers and manufacturers to meet client and project goals
• Produce graphic presentations, including 3D renderings, for client presentations
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and balance both short-term and long-term deadlines and projects.
• Inspire innovative and creative solutions to emerging design trends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit
• 3D Sketchup * vray rendering
• Demonstrate ability to understand and apply architectural and interior design principles at a high level.
• High level of creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to manage and organize work to meet deadlines
• Superior customer service attitude with an unwavering commitment
• High attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and ability to provide own transportation to meet and exceed client and supplier vendor expectations.
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Working knowledge of residential building materials & practices.
• Five years minimum experience, preference in Interior Design and Remodeling Construction industry