Posted Friday, September 23
LHB has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Technician to join our Duluth Bridges group. The position, part of our Public Works group, is based in our Duluth office.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Produce and organize detailed technical drawings and plans for bridges and other structures
• Work in a team environment with engineers and other technicians
• Work with engineers and other technicians to perform field assessments on existing bridges
• Accurately field assess and measure existing conditions to detail replacement or supplemental components.
• Associates Degree in Drafting, Civil Technology, or related field
• 2 years of prior relevant experience
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MicroStation and GEOPAK
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative group
• Strong communication skills; able to be concise and communicate effectively
• Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external disciplines
• Previous experience developing detail drawings and bridge plans
• Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD
• Previous bridge inspection or field work experience helpful but not required
• MSHA or MNDOT certifications helpful but not required
• Willing and able to travel to job sites within 150-mile radius of Duluth
• Cover Letter
Closing Date: October 7, 2022
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Medical and Dental
• HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
• Base Life and AD&D
• 401k with Company Match
• Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled