Posted Wednesday, November 10
Salary / Compensation
Annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
Design Holdings is the US-based office for Sika Design of Denmark and Vincent Sheppard of Belgium. Sika Design is Scandinavia’s oldest producer of rattan and wicker furniture. Vincent Sheppard is a worldwide leader in loom furniture and known for its exceptional design. We are responsible for managing all marketing, service, and distribution of Sika Design and Vincent Sheppard branded products in the US.
The company supports retailers, interior designers and hospitality clients and we have installed furniture in a variety of venues ranging from small restaurants to international hotels.
We also support several online retailers as part of our eCommerce function. This includes our website, designerie.com which specializes in European Designer Focused Furniture™.
Designerie.com brings together some of Europe’s most designer-focused furniture brands for commercial, hospitality, and residential designers, as well as architects, purchasing companies, restaurateurs, hoteliers, and business owners.
We are currently seeking an efficient and detail-oriented client coordinator who is responsible for supporting our clients and the efforts of our Sales Director.
Primary Job Functions:
Provide operational project support for commercial clients and interior designers to procure furniture, for their properties. Drive brand consistency, build strong customer relationships, and deliver a great experience through the project process. Coordinate and manage client orders and projects as a subject matter expert for hotel and other commercial designs and specifications beginning with budgetary exercises through the project installation phase.
Utilize the corporate order systems and Microsoft Excel to build budgets, enter quotes, and place orders with a high level of accuracy and efficiency. Consistently communicate on-going order status, progress, and issues with team and client. Respond promptly and accurately to clients’ daily requests for service and questions. Act as a resource to the team, gathering information, solving problems, and communicating with the Sales Director, Vendors and other internal and external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accurately create quotes and orders for standard and non-standard client requests.
2. Coordinate and manage client orders to meet timing and delivery expectations.
3. Review vendor acknowledgments for Sika Design USA, Vincent Sheppard and designerie orders. Identify and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate and timely receipt of client product.
4. Monitor and expedite just-in-time shipping dates to meet client requirements. Interface with vendors and shippers to resolve problems, claims, or shortages.
5. Utilize corporate order systems to monitor and manage orders including timely status reports.
6. Consistently communicate on-going order status, progress and issues with team and client. Prepare and update customer order status reports based on client request or requirements.
7. Investigate to resolve vendor and client invoice discrepancies in order to ensure the receipt of timely customer payments. Submit client invoices per client requirements if applicable.
8. Partner with project team to document, research and resolve delivery list issues. Enter orders for parts and product as required.
9. Act as a resource to the project team, gathering information, solving problems and communicating with vendors and other teams.
10. Participate in project meetings as required based on size, scope and complexity.
11. Act as a resource for corporate initiatives.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Other Key Areas of Responsibility:
Due to the unique nature of this position and the services provided by this team, these additional duties and responsibilities are often required.
1. Develop subject matter expertise in the hotel brands and designs
2. Build and grow long term client relationships to drive repeat business
3. Lead project kick-off conference calls and own client, designer, and contractor relationships
4. Engage design and installation partners for service proposals
5. Attend tradeshows and conferences as necessary to market our procurement services and build client relationships.
• Manages Execution- must be highly detailed, accurate, and possess strong organizational skills. Ability to manage resources and time to get work down quickly and accurately.
• Solves Problems – strong problem solving skills and ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
• Resilient and Adaptable – open to new experiences to develop skills and ability to work in a fast paced, continuously evolving role.
• Communicates Effectively – ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, team members and vendor partners. Consistently keep key partners and clients up to date. Ability to partner with both our vendors and clients in order to achieve results.
• Commitment to exemplary customer service.
Our Core Values:
• Earning trust in every relationship
• Creative problem solving
• Always improving
• 4 year degree
• 2+ years experience in client support role
• Ability to work overtime when necessary
• Commercial Furniture Industry experience
• Hospitality Industry experience
• Project Coordination and/or Procurement experience
• Experience with Cin7 or other inventory and order management systems
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Job Type: Full-time (remote and traditional office), Monday to Friday, 8 hour shift
Compensation: Annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
Background Check: Position requires passing background check
We have a hospital-grade air filter in use at our Minneapolis location where the candidate may work out of temporarily at the beginning of employment.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Sydney Freeman at email@example.com