Commercial Interior Designer
Posted Monday, October 4
We are seeking a Commercial Interior Designer who desires to grow with a team of talented and dedicated design professionals. As a dedicated team member within our firm, you will be responsible for managing and producing interior design projects under the supervision of firm principals and senior design staff throughout all design phases.
• Work with firm principals and team members to ensure all client program requests and design standards are successfully incorporated into projects
• Produce project deliverables throughout all design phases, communicating effectively with team members to successfully hit milestones and deadlines
• Work with team members to produce design, permit, construction documents, and presentation materials
• Work with team members to develop and produce project manuals and specifications
• Develop and produce interior material palettes, interior details, and thoughtful design solutions
• Provide quality assurance and control of permit and construction documents within assigned scope of work
• Coordinate with material representatives, vendors, and consultants
• Select project appropriate FF&E solutions, work with furniture vendors and clients to complete furniture packages
• Research materials to advise and support design team.
• Bachelor’s degree from CIDA accredited interior design program
• 3+ years minimum professional experience in commercial design
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD
• Knowledge of MN building codes
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, with clients, consultants, firm principals, and design team members
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and set priorities of project deliverables
• Quick learner with ability to easily navigate priority changes and deadlines
• Strong organizational skills with ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, taking ownership of assigned projects and tasks
• Resourceful problem solver who can present solutions when faced with challenges
• Have a positive attitude and act with integrity and professionalism.
• Experience designing branded retail or automotive facilities
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and rendering software programs.
Baker Associates offers competitive salary and benefits package including health, dental, life, and long-term disability.
Baker Associates, Inc. Architects is a solutions-based third-generation architecture and interior design firm that was founded in 1959.
Our story began with iconic Minneapolis office buildings such as the IDS Center and TCF Bank Tower. Today we have a long history in car dealership and theater design, and now are shifting our focus to expand into new stable future markets to augment our already strong base business.
We pride ourselves in providing personalized experiences for our clients and diving into the technical aspects of design.
The successful candidate can thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and be a self-starter with strong abilities to multi-task and prioritize work to help develop projects. If you are self-motivated and have a passion for the technical aspects of design, we want to hear from you!