Posted Saturday, February 6
LHB is currently seeking an experienced individual with a diverse construction and/or industrial facilities background for inspection projects generally within 100 miles of Duluth.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Perform and document various types of inspections on existing structures and new construction.
• Ensure work is completed in accordance with Construction Contract Documents.
• Provide daily surveillance of the Contractors Quality Control activities at the project site.
• Coordinate work of materials testing subcontractor.
• Maintaining a daily log of construction and inspection activities.
• Review of construction schedules following MNDOT and client documentation procedures.
• Maintain project records, prepare work orders, and monthly estimates.
• Assemble and prepare material certification documentation and project close out documents upon completion of project.
• Interested in working in a flexible, full time capacity on a variety of heavy construction and industrial facility projects.
• Previous mining/industrial facility or heavy construction experience
• Willing to travel daily to job sites as needed
• Ability to interpret construction plans and specifications
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• MSHA Mine Safety certification or willingness to become certified as an MSHA “New Miner”
• Possesses Mn/DOT construction inspection certifications or willingness to become certified.
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
o A revoked, suspended, or canceled driver’s license within the last five (5) years or three (3) serious traffic violations within the last three (3) years may disqualify a candidate.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• MSHA Certification
• MNDOT Construction Inspection Certifications
• 5+ years previous relevant construction experience
• Skilled in Microsoft office programs
Closing Date: February 22, 2021
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design.
LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide community planning, and design solutions for systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled