Construction Project Operations Manager
Posted Thursday, October 24
Minnesota Department of Administration
Date Posted: 10/24/2019
Closing Date: 11/25/2019
Salary Range: $83,311 – $119,496/annually
The Minnesota Department of Administration (Admin) provides best value administrative services to Minnesota’s state agencies and other governmental organizations, as well as various other services to diverse audiences across the state.
The Real Estate and Construction Services Division provides a broad range of pre-planning, acquisition, disposition, leasing, project management, relocation, and space management services to facilitate facility and real estate solutions that meet the extensive and diverse real estate needs of Minnesota state agencies. The State owns a total of 36 million square feet in more than 6,000 buildings.
Agency website: www.mn.gov/admin
The Construction Project Operations manager leads a team of 10 construction project management professionals in the oversight of pre-design, design, construction, renovation and repairs of state-owned facilities. This position works across the State enterprise to ensure efficient and effective delivery of construction projects and long-term performance of State buildings and other improvements. On average, this position includes oversight of 300-400 projects and $100M – $200M+ in public funds.
Applicants must meet the following educational and experience conditions for consideration:
• Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Structural Engineering.
• Four (4) years architectural, engineering or project management experience in the building construction field as the responsible person-in charge.
Additionally applicants will be assessed on the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Ability to coach and train others.
• Efficient time management and organization skills.
• Effective leadership and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience working with floor plans and construction documents.
• Proficiency in use of personal computer and related software, including Microsoft Office products.
• Financial analysis skills sufficient to make recommendations and advise on cost and budget related areas of construction .
• Project management and multitasking skills to effectively manage multiple priorities at one time while achieving desired results.
• Process improvement and quality control skills.
Applicant must possess a valid class D driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
• Licensure as an architect, civil engineer, construction engineer, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, or structural engineer by the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID).
• Experience with professional /technical and construction contract administration.
• Experience with public sector procurement.
• Supervisory or management experience directing the work of project management staff.
• Knowledge of construction cost estimating.
• Proficiency with construction project management software.
• Knowledge of AIA Contract Documents.
• Knowledge of risk management tools in construction industry.
• Experience with meeting diversity and inclusion goals in construction industry.
• Knowledge of building energy efficiency measures, renewable energy systems and sustainability.
• Knowledge of environmental and hazardous materials rules, regulations, abatement and remediation.
• Knowledge of ADA codes and accessibility standards.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.mn.gov/careers
Job ID: 36555 Closing Date: November 25, 2019.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jess Fenlon at email@example.com.