Posted Friday, June 3
Kaas Wilson Architects
Kaas Wilson Architects is an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design firm that specializes in the design of a wide range of multi-family and senior housing projects. Our 75+ person firm has taken our passion for multi-family housing across the country, with a collaborative focus on client and contractor service that is dedicated to the creation of homes and enriching communities. We are seeking a qualified individual to join our team as a Contract Administration Project Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, collaborative studio environment with great professional growth potential. Successful candidates for this position will be expected to have the ability to work on multiple projects at a time and be capable of switching between tasks efficiently.
• Act as a CA Project Manager and liaison between our design professionals, contractors, and clients
Contract Administration Services:
• Apply comprehensive knowledge of all types of building systems such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire suppression, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, security and low voltage to construction projects
• Observe construction progress, attend onsite meetings, prepare relevant documents
• Draft, respond, submit, track: Site observations, field reports, shop drawings, RFI responses, change orders, construction change directives, substitutions, proposed changes, pay applications, substantial complete certificates, close-out activities, etc.
• Technical construction document review and quality control
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable codes for project and resolves issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction
• Evaluate the results of laboratory tests and implements the necessary course of action required by the test results and lab recommendations
• Applies knowledge of the effect of atmospheric conditions on building materials and components during and after construction, to include the practice of quality assurance
• Maintains current knowledge of the owner-architect agreement and any additional services agreements and provides professional services in accordance with these documents.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience
• Degree preferred in construction management, architecture, engineering, or equivalent
• Self-starter with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects
• Proven knowledge of construction documents with a strong ability to understand and review construction drawings, specifications, shop drawings, etc.
• Ability to travel throughout MN as well as out of state
• Excellent writing and communication skills with fantastic interpersonal skills
• Honest, reliable, detail-oriented, solid professional code of ethics, and strong work ethic
• Knowledge of MS Office suite; Bluebeam, PlanGrid, and some Revit Knowledge a plus
• Car, driver’s license, and clean driving record required
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
• 401k retirement saving plan
• Paid PTO
• Healthcare and Dental insurance available
• Reimbursement allowance for continuing education
KWA offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefit package, and a strong culture of mentorship and opportunities for growth.
If you are interested in working with a diverse and talented group of architects and designers that will support you to excel in your career path, please submit your resume and portfolio in a pdf format (max. 5 MB) to Tori Addison at email@example.com.