Posted Wednesday, June 17
Peterssen/Keller Architecture is an award-winning full-service architecture and design firm that specializes in custom homes, lofts, cabins, and boutique commercial projects. Our collaborative, client-focused design process results in unique residences that are as distinct as their owners. We are seeking a qualified individual for a full-time Controller/Bookkeeper.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project accounting, which includes managing the invoice process from invoice preparation to sending to clients, labor, and expense tracking, managing monthly project tracking, and organizing contracts.
• Firm-wide operational accounts receivable and accounts payable, monthly, year-end closing, year-end financial planning, managing bank accounts, cash management, etc.
• Coordinate CPA’s annual review, tax compliance functions.
• Set up and maintenance of new/existing projects in our time tracking software, as well as accounting software.
• Develop and implement ways to improve of accounting policies, systems, and procedures.
• Manage annual process of the various company insurance.
Human Resource Responsibilities:
• Processing payroll and pay all payroll taxes
• Setting up new employees, process and file insurance, benefit documents, prepare and maintain file.
• Manage and coordinate paying Simple IRA, prepare and file year end W-2’s
• Preparing all employee documents for annual reviews.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or related business degree.
• Experience within the related field of architecture, design, creative.
• Detail-oriented, pro-active and can effectively organize and manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines.
• Preferred software experience in the following: QuickBooks software in small business environment, Harvest time tracking software, Microsoft platform – Word, strong Excel skills, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Comprehensive understanding of project accounting including billing, budgeting, labor, and expense tracking, and facilitating optimal financial performance.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, performing accounting and human resource tasks and providing financial information on timely basis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Compensation is commensurate with professional experience and demonstrated knowledge. This is a full-time benefit position. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off (PTO), retirement plan, paid holidays.
Please email email@example.com and include your resume and cover letter. Please do not send hard copies, and please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries.