Posted Thursday, August 8
Construction Cost Consultant:
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a growing construction and consulting company based in the South Metro that is seeking to add an experienced Cost Consultant to their team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing estimates for cost consulting, construction management, and owner’s reps. With a growing reputation in the region, our client is seeking to add an experienced member to their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-established firm that has an expanding regional presence and offers a strong slate of benefits including a competitive salary, company paid disability and life insurance, health, dental, vision, 401k, and more. If you are looking for a new opportunity in the construction estimating and cost consulting field on the south side of the metro, you are encouraged to apply.
Construction Cost Consulting Responsibilities:
– Perform quantity take-offs and unit pricing to determine project budgets
– Select subcontractors and suppliers to secure bids or to help with pricing activities
– Analyze project scopes and identify any potential missing items, or anything out of scope
– Prepare Bid Analysis and scoping of all subcontractor bids as received
– Ensure subcontractors are aware of project schedules
– Prepare subcontractor contract packages and scopes of work
– Ensure bid coverage from subcontractors for bid day
– Develop clear and organized estimates; prepare and maintain bid documentation
– Prepare cost plans, estimates, and cash flow projects
– Submit bids and budgets to clients by appropriate deadlines
– Build relationships with key subcontractors
Construction Cost Consulting Requirements:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related
– 10+ years of experience in the construction industry; at least 5 years of estimating and/or cost consulting experience specifically
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage both internal and external relationships
– Working knowledge of various construction project methods, practices, and building code requirements
– Experience working on a wide variety of project types and sizes
Ability to travel to and from pre-bid walkthroughs and project meetings periodically (majority in the Twin Cities metro)
– Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 40 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.