Posted Friday, August 13
PKA Architecture is a full-service architecture firm that specializes in homes, lofts, cabins, and boutique commercial projects. Based in Minneapolis, but with projects across the country, we are a collaborative studio that focuses on a high level of design and client service.
We are currently hiring an Designer/Job Captain to work in our Uptown studio.
Our projects vary in size from small renovations to large homes and boutique commercial work. Candidates are expected to have the ability to work on multiple projects at a time and be able to efficiently switch between tasks.
Our studio structures most projects as team efforts and candidates will be working directly with Principals and Project Architects/Project Managers from the earliest stages of schematic design to drafting construction details and producing drawing sets. Excellent candidates who complete job duties with urgency and efficiency will have the duties and responsibilities increase both on projects and within the firm.
What you will generally be doing:
• 3d modeling for both iterative design purposes as well as for documentation and rendering
• Drafting and drawing set production on various projects of various sizes
• Material and product research and selection
• Specifications of products and integration into drawing sets.
What we are looking for in you:
• 3-5 years of experience in high end residential design
• Completed professional degree program
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently and self-directing on to the next task
• Effective time management skills and a sense of urgency in completing assignments
• High degree of organization and ability to quickly adjust priorities
• Extensive experience with residential detailing of various styles
• Extensive experience with production of construction drawings for high end residential projects
• Licensure is not required, but desirable.
What Skills you must have:
• High degree of professional experience with AutoCAD
• Professional experience with Sketchup
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
• Proficiency with Enscape
• Experience with Revit, ArchiCAD, or other BIM software is a plus, but not required
• Good written communication skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience and skill.
Please email email@example.com and include your resume, cover letter, and examples of your work in pdf format. Please do not send disks or hard copies, no phone calls or drop-in inquiries, please.