Healthcare Architect / Medical Planner / Project Manager
Posted Wednesday, January 20
Stone Group Architects
Stone Group Architects is seeking a Healthcare Architect / Medical Planner / Project Manager with 10-20 years’ experience to join our team and lead our growing healthcare division.
As a Project Manager and Architect, you will be responsible for project financial performance and team communication. You must be capable of managing multiple projects during all phases of a project until completion and direct employees and consultants at all levels to ensure that proper steps and procedures are taken and that the work is completed as planned, budgeted, scheduled and in conformance with contracts and design intent.
Our intent is that the person hired for this position will eventually become our Senior Healthcare Planner on all healthcare projects varying in size and complexity with the primary goal of creating the best healing environments for patients and healthcare providers. This position requires excellent communication and organization as you will be working with various project managers to ensure the highest possible quality of service and client satisfaction along with quality architecture.
The Senior Healthcare Planner will also oversee allocation of staff as needed to appropriately distribute the workload and must be a willing mentor for those under his/her management to further enhance our team’s expertise in the field of healthcare.
This position offers partnership potential and can be based out of any of our office locations.
• Foster and maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with team members, owner, consultants, suppliers, contractors, and sub-contractors.
• Assist senior management in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget, and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process and use past experiences to guide the process.
• Assist in preparing project presentations. Expected to participate in and/or lead client presentations.
• Assist senior management in the preparation and execution of consultant contracts.
• Assist with negotiating fees and contracts for services.
• Incorporate sustainable design solutions into projects.
• Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
• Help to guide the selection process for consultant selection on projects.
• Plan, organize, and manage multiple projects. Provide on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/memos to project team.
• Work with project managers and architects to avoid and eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects and properly allocate staff to each project.
• Communicate with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants, and other disciplines to ensure effective collaboration.
• Maintain productive client relationships throughout projects.
Regularly keep clients appraised of project progress. Initiate and maintain contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
• Consult with clients to determine function and spatial requirements and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time. Plan layouts of projects and integrate engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
• Participate in developing annual business plan for the business unit.
• Identify new business opportunities while developing current client relationships. Listen for and seek out new projects which may exist or are being formulated.
• Participate in selected marketing and business development opportunities.
• Assist with marketing proposals.
• Provide outstanding leadership including professional development coaching and mentoring staff.
• Define staff requirements for projects as needed. Make recommendations to senior management for staff promotions/terminations. Expected to participate in interviews and recruiting of production staff.
• Healthcare or healthcare planning experience. VA experience beneficial.
• Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
• Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
• Thorough understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing, and budgets.
• Proficiency in Revit.
• Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Must take initiative and be able to work well in a team environment.
• Must have high attention to detail, ability to stay calm under pressure and have a methodical and thorough approach to his/her work.
• Must be organized and good at juggling tasks and prioritizing.
• Thorough knowledge of FGI Guidelines and NFPA 101.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in architectural practice with management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
• Registration as an Architect in a US state and/or jurisdiction recognized by NCARB preferred.
• LEED credential preferred.
• ACHA or EDAC certification beneficial, but not required.
SGA values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses.
SGA is a growing Architectural firm that does healthcare work across the entire United States. We operate from four offices – Sioux Falls, SD; Sioux City, IA; Wayzata, MN; and Moorhead, MN. SGA professionals work side by side with some of the leading experts in healthcare, retail, office, education, rec/wellness, and military to plan and design projects that provide inspiring environments for the people who occupy them and the communities where they reside.
We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and great customer service is a key part of our culture. We are committed to providing supportive, respectful, and collaborative service to all our clients – and all of our employees provide that for one another, as well. We work hard to listen more than we talk, and we design for what our clients need, not what we want. If you are interested in joining a team where you can make a difference, grow your career quickly and work with a really great group of people, SGA may be the place for you.
For more information, please visit our website at www.stonegrouparchitects.com.
This position is full-time. We will interview until we fill the position. SGA offers a flexible work environment with a fun office culture. Full time employees are eligible for benefits to include PTO, health, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement.
Interested applicants may email resume and contact information to Erin Weerheim at email@example.com