Healthcare Interior Designer (Level Iii)
Posted Monday, February 5
Mohagen Hansen Architecture Interiors
We’re seeking a mid-level Healthcare Interior Designer! Take that next step in your career with us!
Do you want to join and grow with an award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm with exceptional people? Are you looking for a flexible, collaborative, creative work environment that encourages learning and professional development? Work a hybrid schedule. Make an immediate impact in the expanding Interior Design Team at Mohagen Hansen Architecture Interiors. We are a mission, vision and values-driven organization that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit with fresh, new ideas. This position offers a strong portfolio, a talented team and great marketing opportunities for the right candidate.
In this role you will be performing all technical aspects of the interior design process from project setup to construction administration. You will be involved in leading and creating design concepts, assist in design efforts, data gathering, planning, documentation and gaining experience in a variety of projects.
1. Works with architectural and interior design teams to develop the interior design direction, translating complex programming requirements into schematic design while developing detailed concepts focusing on the patient experience.
2. Lead the thought leadership of interior design on assigned projects, including research, strategic planning, interview participation, and partnering with the architecture team.
3. Collaborates and communicates effectively and professionally with multidisciplinary teams.
4. Research materials and concepts to advise the design team on technical issues influencing interior design concept development.
5. Utilizes past knowledge and experience to enhance the quality of design.
6. Coordinates the design work of others and ensures integrated and cohesive design.
7. Works within project schedules to prioritize tasks and coordinate the completion of documentation required from initial design phase through final project completion.
8. Review’s material submittals and conduct on-site observations.
9. Coordinates interior design data gathering and document preparation.
Knowledge and Experience:
• The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in interior design from a CIDA accredited program or related experience.
• At least 5 years of commercial interior design experience including experience with a focus on healthcare design and projects, showing a proven track record of successful design with complex, multi-phase projects.
• Work toward professional licensure and/or certification; LEED AP and EDAC encouraged.
• Fluent knowledge of Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and/or other related graphic software programs is expected.
• Knowledge of 3D programs such as Revit and/or Sketch-up
• Strong leadership and presentation skills.
• Willingness to take on a variety of projects.
• Ability to collaborate and cultivate relationships with clients and co-workers, and a passion for providing mentorship to staff.
• Interior design concepts, materials, and furnishings requirements specific to Healthcare and hospitality projects – including concepts, practices, standards, and principles.
• Thorough understanding of the technical process for large-scale interiors projects with a specific emphasis in the healthcare and hospitality sector as defined by the firm.
• Experience delivering successful projects which comply with relevant building, FGI, ADA, construction standards, and other related regulatory requirements.
• Proficient in building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
• Working expertise in applicable codes (city, state, federal)
• Knowledgeable in finish materials, FF&E selection and specification, interior design components for millwork/casework and construction detailing.
Skills and Abilities:
• Team player willing to jump in no matter how exciting the task may or may not be.
• Anticipate client and team needs ahead of time.
• Can do attitude.
• Desire to be part of a great team and culture!
• Willing to ask for help when needed.
• Willing to grow and learn with each project.
Since our start in 1989, we have evolved into a full service, 30-plus person, mission, vision, and values-driven organization that promotes a collaborative work environment. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit along with fresh, new ideas. We exist to serve our clients by doing what we love. We leverage our passion for design using our skills, talents, and agility to meet our client’s needs. Our services include a full spectrum of programming, planning, design, and interior design services for corporate, healthcare, multi-family housing, government, dental, financial, and industrial clients.
Learn more about us at www.mohagenhansen.com and apply today!.