Interior Designer I
Posted Friday, August 9
Perkins and Will
Join a healthy team where transformation is key to your design!
As an Interior Designer I on the Perkins and Will team, you will:
• Collaborate and assist throughout the design process which may include basic design plans, construction contract documents, elevations and details, reflected ceiling plans, millwork design, furniture layouts, ergonomic dimensions, finish plans, color plans and schedules
• Assist your team with programming and space planning to assess client and project needs
• Have a passion for developing presentations
• Application of basic elements and principles of design including form, scale, color, texture, pattern, light, balance and proportion.
• Work alongside and understand the functional organization of the project team
• Keep organized and check your work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility
• Utilize your rock star technical skills in Revit and other design application software
• Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
To join us as an Interior Designer I, you should have:
• A professional degree in Architecture, Design, or related discipline
• Proficiency in Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
• Revit proficiency, strongly preferred
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
• Ability to collaborate with team members and follow instructions
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
• Interest in completing your ARE or NCIDQ exams
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB).
At Perkins and Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people + ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins and Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
About Perkins and Will (Only for external website postings)
Perkins and Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. We are all about creative collaboration with a design focus. We believe that great design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. We are socially conscious and entrepreneurial, always striving for the best solution with the least impact on our communities. We are a learning organization, pushing for research based design and investing deeply in the professional development of our staff. We are architects, interior designers, urban designers, landscape architects, consultants, and branded environment experts who approach design from all scales and perspectives. With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins and Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms. To learn more, visit www.perkinswill.com.