Interior Designer 3-5 Years Exp.
Posted Tuesday, June 1
This position plans and designs interiors for various building types and assists senior level associates with development of design solutions. This individual performs design and presentation drafting, researches and selects interior finish materials, performs site surveys, helps to maintain resource materials and completes specifications and construction.
• Assembles interior design solutions, conceptual design details and interior design schemes.
• Interacts with clients on design projects
• Contributes to multiple projects, concurrently, at senior staff direction
• Interprets programmatic information and works with senior staff to create space plans.
• Assists senior staff in planning, design, and furnishing of corporate, healthcare, multi-housing, hospitality or industrial building interiors
• Formulates designs that are practical, aesthetically pleasing, and conducive to intended purposes such as raising productivity, creating spaces for those with special needs, and improving the health, safety, and welfare of the public
• Creates regular Field Verifications with a goal of proficiency
• Identifies basic code issues as they pertain to space planning, layouts, and ADA requirements.
• Consults with senior level staff and licensed architects to solve a code compliant issue.
• Applies established interior design standards to projects
• Researches interior materials and products appropriate to specific projects
• Develops design concepts and solutions for review and input from senior staff
• Participates in presentations and client meetings
• Selects and specifies all necessary project furnishings appropriately and accurately.
• Coordinates pricing and procurement through furniture dealer(s).
• Contributes to construction administration review and approval of finish material submittals and site visits with senior staff.
• Reviews shop drawings, lighting submittals and plumbing submittals under the guidance of senior staff.
• Demonstrates interest in continuing education and on-going professional development
• Participates in marketing events as directed by senior staff.
Please visit the BDH website to apply for this position https://bdh.design/jobs/interior-designer/