Interior Designer Assistant / Intern
Posted Friday, March 25
HMA Architects is a progressive architectural firm located in historic downtown St. Cloud, MN. We have been providing outstanding architectural and interior design services for over 30 years and are currently seeking a highly motivated Interior Designer Assistant to join our creative and hardworking team of professionals for a summer internship. A position at HMA provides opportunities to be involved in a wide variety of project types including: office, healthcare, military, hospitality, municipal, religious and multi-family housing to name a few. This is an opportunity to experience and assist interior designing in a dynamic office.
Candidates must demonstrate initiative and ability to contribute to our team.
HMA strides to provide innovative design solutions for all of our clients no matter how large or small the project.
Successful candidates should have experience using:
• Adobe Suite
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist design staff with researching materials
• Assist design staff in the development of finish palettes
• Organize Resource Library with catalogs and samples
• Meet with product reps
• File all returned samples
• Coordinate with outside industries for sample deliveries
• Schedule finish selections
• Assist with product specification and finish plans
• Active in the community (volunteering and/or public relations) a plus.
• Enrolled in a bachelor’s or higher degree for architecture or interior designing program
• Excellent visual, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
• Commitment to design excellence and client satisfaction
• Highly organized
• Highly self-motivated
This position is for summer internship starting in May/June through August/September of 2022
Competitive hourly salary based on skill and experience
Qualified candidates should email a letter of interest of interest and resume to: