Interior Designer Part Time Position
Posted Tuesday, January 3
Station 19 Architects
Have an eye for quality interior design? Passionate about creative solutions for organizations to thrive? Want to work in a collaborative, supportive environment? Looking to make a difference with the design work that you do? As a vital part of the Station 19 Architects team, you’ll do all of this while continuing to grow and be challenged in your career as you see projects through all phases.
Department: Interior Design and Architecture
Date of Job Description: November 28, 2022
Station 19 Architects is a planning, architecture and interior design firm in Minneapolis, MN with 40+ years as specialists serving nonprofits to help them carry out their vision for their facility; to tell their story in a meaningful way through the spaces they utilize and create space for change. AND we are growing!
We have great projects, and we are expanding our team. We are looking for a creative Interior Designer to join our collaborative team. You will play an integral role in finish selections, architectural drafting, BIM modeling, detailing, documentation, library organization, attend meetings and collaborate with our clients for meaningful solutions.
You will have the opportunity to gain in knowledge, understanding, and skill in both historical and contemporary buildings as well as various types and phases of projects from small interior remodels, to mid-sized additions, to large scale new facilities. In addition, you will benefit from a collaborative, innovative design team with decades of experience and have fun doing it.
• Organize and maintain the interior resource library
• Research and analyze new interior trends
• Attend regular check-in and update meetings with our team
• Adapt and show flexibility in tasks given and in managing schedules and deadlines
• Build and construct finish boards/books for clients
• Display creativity in approaching every situation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Display creativity in problem solving, design of space, and follow-up with options
• Display Knowledge and passion for color and finish selections.
• Ability to be creative in decision making, color choices, and assisting the Senior Interior Designer
• Display excellent graphic sensibilities with quality graphic presentations • Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Be flexible in tasks given and managing schedules and deadlines
• Highly organized, self-motivated, and work independently
• Meet deadlines with willingness to put in extra effort when needed
• “Do whatever it takes” to serve our clients
• Confident and Humble
• Willing to Take Risks
• Curious and Willing to Learn
• Graphically Minded and Inclined
• A Team Player
• Has graduated with an Interior Design Degree from an accredited design school and has 3+ years of experience.
• Proficiency with BIM Software, Sketch-UP, MacOS, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience in Archicad preferred – Revit acceptable- We will train!
• Knowledge of phases of design including Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Construction Administration, Construction means, methods, and building techniques.
WHY WORK AT STATION 19?
• Be a vital part of a team
• Opportunity to design at every Phase of a project
• Collaborative & Supportive Work Environment
• Diversity of Project Types & seeing all Phases
• Challenge and Growth Opportunities
• Social Justice & Community Impact
• Nonprofit Work
• Work has meaning &purpose – more than just a building – Create environments with meaning and purpose.
If you are excited and want to learn more about the opportunity, send your resume, introductory letter explaining why you want to join the Station 19 Architects Team, and a brief portfolio to Cristina Earley at firstname.lastname@example.org.