Interior Designer / Project Manager
Posted Friday, March 17
Eminent Interior Design
About Eminent Interior Design:
Eminent Interior Design is a full-service interior design firm specializing in high end residential interiors. Our clients have appreciated our creativity and listening skills in creating beautiful and comfortable interiors to fit their taste and inspiration for many years.
About the Interior Designer position:
We are seeking an Interior Designer with a minimum of 3 years full-time experience in residential design. The ideal team member has experience in ALL aspects of the design process from project management, interior architecture, design, selections for construction, high quality client communication, and customer service. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple client projects simultaneously.
About the team member:
We are looking for an impressive problem-solver, who can address complex issues with strategy and confidence. Someone who is positive, forward thinking, and has a tenacious drive to see the design through to a successful completion!
Attributes include honesty, respectful, direct, detail-oriented, efficient, accurate, and incredibly hard-working, and of course, creative!
Schedule: Full-time, Monday through Friday
The Interior Designer position is responsible for creating beautiful, functional spaces for high-end and large-scale residential projects.
1. Manage design project from concept to completion, working closely with the client to determine goals and requirements.
2. Delineate project specifications including materials and furnishings to be used, such as flooring, furniture, lighting, plumbing fixtures, and wall finishes.
3. Source materials and products included in plans.
4. Ensure the interior design plans comply with building codes and inspection regulations.
5. Finalize plans using CAD applications to varying degrees of detail as required by the project, including design plans, floor plans, electrical layouts, and information needed for building permits.
6. Create “mood boards” to sample your design vision.
7. Obtain client approval for interior design plan and cost estimate.
8. Place orders for all supplies and materials.
9. Oversee installation of the design elements.
10. Debrief with client after project completion to ensure that goals were achieved, and the project was done to the customer’s satisfaction.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required education and experience:
1. Proven working experience in design of interior spaces (consultations, renovations, space planning, and new construction).
2. Expertise in space planning, color, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture, and all installations, as well as construction processes.
3. Excellent portfolio of previous work.
4. Superior artistic and creative talent, imagination, sourcing, and eye for design.
5. Exceptional communication, presentation skills, and self-aware.
6. Ability to think creatively about the use of space, color, and movement and draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. He/she will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in while communicating a design presentation.
7. Excellent team collaborator and leadership is necessary.
8. Ability to clearly communicate a vision to non-design-oriented people.
9. People and client centric.
10. Energetic; works well in a fast paced and upbeat office atmosphere.
11. Passionate and has a love for art and all things design.
12. Attention to detail and an aptitude for visualization.
13. Superior planning and problem-solving skills.
14. Ability to take direction as well as work independently to meet deadlines.
Interior Designer Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Interior design, Interior Architecture, or related field.
2. National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ), Certification in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) preferred or in process of obtaining.
3. Proficiency in 3D modeling/visualizations (AutoCAD, Revit, or Chief Architect).
4. Portfolio of design work.
5. Project management experience.
6. Highly creative, imaginative, and artistic.
7. Excellent communication skills, especially regarding communicating an artistic vision.
• Competitive Salary plus commission
• Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
• 401(k) Savings Plan with Profit Sharing
• A VERY Supportive and Caring work environment