Intermediate Architectural Designer
Posted Monday, October 28
Workshop/APD is a design firm specializing in luxury home design, hospitality design, and high-end commercial development. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions that incorporate modern ideals/methods toward a signature aesthetic.
We are currently seeking a full-time Architect/Project Manager with five-plus years’ previous experience in the Architecture/Interior Design industry, particularly in high-end multi-family residential design and luxury single-family design. Hospitality design experience is a plus.
The candidate should have strong design experience on real projects (not schoolwork) where he/she was a creative lead and/or had significant creative input on both core/shell and interior design.
Candidates must have high level digital modeling and rendering skills and must know Revit. The ideal candidate will have thorough architectural training, although he/she does not need to be licensed. The candidate must be organized and able to vision and manage projects.
This position will lead projects and reports to the team leadership. This position will be responsible for managing senior, intermediate, and junior designers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Design and Management of multiple projects (single/multi-family residential, hospitality)
• Involvement in all phases of design/documentation, including architectural design, interior design, and FFE.
• Computer modeling and rendering
• Construction document preparation
• Contract administration
• Mentor and train junior project team members
• Professional Degree (B.Arch or M.Arch)
• Minimum of five-plus years’ high-end architectural design experience (should be able to showcase finished/built work)
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and all Adobe programs
• 3-D Modeling and Rendering skills in at least one of the following: Rhino, Sketchup, 3DS Max
• Talented, self-motivated designer with significant technical ability
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and lead and work well in a team
• Highly developed communication skills, specifically with senior management, clients, and consultants.
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail