Posted Tuesday, August 13
You want to learn about every single aspect of the architecture world and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Job Captain.Not just any professional, mind you. A JLG Job Captain:
– Delivers.A Job Captain assists the JLG Project Architects/Manager with project delivery at all phases of design. Whatever needs doing gets done, including understanding monthly staffing assignments to be sure expectations are met.
– Is eager to learn.We want our Job Captains to become future firm leaders, so it’s important that they are continuously developing Job Captain skills, from developing abilities to communicate with clients to creating your own personal ethics.
– Does whatever it takes.Our Job Captains are just as responsible for our work as our lead architects, and so it’s up to them to keep us successful time and time again.
A few more attributes of a future JLG-er:
– You need to be on the path to architectural licensure.You must hold a professional degree from an accredited university (BArch or March), you have completed all AXP hours, and are in the process of taking your Architectural Registration Exams.
– You must understand technology.Specifically, BIM. You must be an experienced Revit user.
– You are experienced.While you might be a recent graduate, you have ideally worked for a minimum of 3 years in a professional setting.
– You are ready to apply.Visit www.jlgarchitects.com/careers and suit up for the first day of the rest of your life.
On a 20-below January day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 120 professionals in 13 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. We live and work with passion; we never stop at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude, and are innovative and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014 because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Beyond a love for award-winning architecture and chocolate-covered potato chips (not required), here is what makes a JLGer:
DESIGN | We raise the bar.We are passionate, resourceful problem-solvers who inspire and innovate through creative solutions that elevate our clients and communities.
RELATIONSHIPS | We build friendships.We go beyond the standard definition of a team player; we hold ourselves accountable for nurturing collaborative, supportive, respectful relationships through clear and honest communication and adaptive decision making.
COMMUNITY | We make a difference.Above all else, we know that it is our responsibility to constantly find new ways to actively engage in and uplift all of our communities – from our professional network to our local neighborhood to our family of JLGers.
STEWARDSHIP | We take good care. Time, money, materials – everything is finite. We humbly take full responsibility for our clients’, firm’s, and Earth’s resources to make smart decisions and calculated risks for today and tomorrow.
INTEGRITY | We do what we say.We are authentic, consistent, and transparent in our actions, words, and beliefs; we are courageous to do right by our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
But wait, there’s more – here are a few other reasons why it’s good to be a JLGer:
– Agile workforce program
– Summer and flexible hours
– JLGfit program
– Company-wide events and in-house social gatherings
– 100%-paid Medical Insurance
– Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
– Paid vacation time; paid personal/sick time; paid holidays; paid volunteer time; paid military service
– Flexible Spending Accounts (Health/Daycare FLEX)
– Formal peer mentoring program; Company-sponsored training and continuing education
– Paid Architectural Registration Exams
– Endless growth opportunities
– For new graduates, a 3-year development program that cuts the time to licensure in half
– Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
– 401(k) retirement plan with employer match contribution
– Licensure bonus program
– Discretionary bonuses
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Job Type: Full-time