Posted Friday, March 26
Design by Melo
Are you a Job Captain that would like the freedom of running unique architecture projects without being micromanaged?
The Job Captain will be working on architecture projects in the multifamily, hospitality, and corporate market sectors. You will work in conjunction with a small team, including oversight from a licensed Architect, to complete a variety of projects.
After a 60-day period, there will be an option to work remotely if candidate shows to be reliable and able to perform and deliver without too many interactions
– The freedom to run small architecture projects without being micromanaged
– A leadership role in a growing architecture firm.
The architectural Job Captain will take the conceptual design for commercial architecture projects and complete the drawings for all phases through construction documentation. Additional duties will be to provide design when needed, assist with project coordination and completion.
– Associates Degree in Architectural Technology or Architectural Degree
– 10-15+ years of progressive experience as an architectural Technician or Job Captain
– Highly proficient with Revit software
– Ability to design, develop, and draw architectural plans, sections, elevations, details, etc taking into consideration the building codes and accessibility codes
– Experience coordinating with the various disciplines and consultants
– Project experience with housing, corporate.
Hospitality is a plus
– Great communication skills
– Self-motivated and highly driven
– Passionate about high quality and inclusive design
About Design by Melo
Design by Melo is an architectural, urban design and community development services provider specializing in residential and commercial architecture in the Twin Cities.
Design by Melo was founded in 2018 based on the belief that the built environment needs to do more than address the functional needs of proposed spaces – the built environment must also speak to the values of global engagement, cultural competency, inclusion, sustainability and human performance.
– Paid Time Off (accrue 1 week per year)
– Paid Holidays
– Direct deposit.
If you believe this position is for you, please send your resume and portfolio to Damaris Hollingsworth.