Job Captain – Commercial Architecture
Posted Wednesday, June 1
If you take your work seriously but love to laugh at yourself and along with others, and never settle for anything less than stellar work, this position may be for you.
Exciting new opening for an architecture Job Captain in a national architecture, interior design and planning firm that defines spaces with vision and care. You can join a team that blends the capabilities of a large firm with the personal attention of a boutique design studio. The objective is to immerse yourself in each client’s culture, and to create designs that tell compelling stories about the people who bring them to life. Be part of a team that is proud of their rich history and the exceptional client partnerships they have maintained over the years that comprise their 30-year evolution.
Working alongside the Project Architect / Project Manager, the architectural Job Captain is responsible for assisting with documentation, design and coordination as defined by project goals. The successful candidate can provide the bridge between creativity and the technical aspects of design, and can demonstrate the ability to successfully lead and produce great design.
What You Will Do:
• Offer and support creative technical design and detailing decisions that are part of the project goals, and understand their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
• Understand and lead the integration of code, zoning, market specific best practices into the project
• Excel in the art, understanding, and approach to documenting how the project will be bid and built
• Understand relationship between design goals and technical requirements, and execute accordingly
• Help oversee and coordinate the project coordination (consultants, code, specifications, etc.)
• Make recommendations to the Project Manager regarding staff assignments and general project strategy
What This Position Offers You:
• Outstanding salary and comprehensive benefit package
• Advancement opportunities into higher roles with increased involvement including Project Lead and Project Manager
• A fun workplace that stresses the importance of work life balance
• A great team that enjoys collaboration, communication, lifting each other up
What You Will Need:
• A degree in Architecture, or a related field
• 3-10 years of professional commercial architecture experience
• Professional experience with Revit is preferred
• Experience with 3D modeling, illustration, code research, zoning research a plus
For Consideration please email your resume and/ or portfolio to:
All applications are handled with strict confidence. AEC Resources is the leader in architecture career advancement in the Twin Cities. With an expansive collection of unpublished job opportunities, free technical training and certification programs, resume writing services, industry mentoring, and a focus of connecting you with the region’s most sought-after design firms. AEC Resources is committed to advancing your career in Architecture.
More information can be found at www.AECresources.com
(763) 489- 7700