Job Posting: Interior Designer IV or Associate Level
Posted Wednesday, September 29
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG)
ESG Architecture & Design (ESG) is an award-winning design firm with a national practice in urban residential, hospitality, workplace environments, higher education, branding and graphic design. Since the company’s founding over three decades ago, ESG has helped clients create environments for community, business, and leisure by providing holistic, creative solutions to complex problems. The company’s mission is to enrich the built environment beyond architecture and buildings; to deliver the superior, the timeless, the memorable and the unique; and to design environments that capture the human spirit and uplift our lives.
At ESG, everyone is welcome. We appreciate and value differences among our team, clients, partners and vendors, and in the communities where we live and conduct business. As an inclusive workplace, we encourage bringing your authentic and whole selves to work.
ESG currently has an opening for a talented Interior Designer level 4 or Associate level Designer with a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience, competent in covering a wide variety of tasks centered on the interior design process through all phases of design documentation, from conceptual design through construction administration. ESG team members are currently working in hybrid status, so a person would need to be able to work independently and collaboratively reach out when they have questions to succeed.
• Collaboration with interdisciplinary team on multiple projects and project types.
• Leading projects through the interior design process, from programming, concept design, design development, construction documents and construction administration while collaborating and with design director, Partner in charge, and delegating with teammates, and consultants.
• Helps to manage budgets, schedules and other project management and business related priorities on projects
• Works directly with clients, contractors, consultants, vendors, and other team members
• Helps to oversee the design for the project and to maintain the project’s overall design direction
• Development and delivery of budgets, selections, specifications and staging of furnishings, art and accessories
• Helps to mentor staff
• Development and Delivery of 3D models and renderings in Revit/Enscape
• High level of development of client presentation materials, graphics, images, renderings, and material palettes
• Delivers and guides team to produce a full set of interior design construction documents
• Delivers and guides team to produce a full set of furniture specifications
• Presents to clients with the Interior Design team
• Is fully versed in Revit standards and procedures.
To succeed in this position…
Knowledge and Experience:
• Interior Design Degree
• NCIDQ certified, or planning to take the exam
• Minimum of 5-10 years of Interior Design experience in commercial architecture and construction field
• Strong understanding and knowledge of commercial design
• Strong graphical and presentation skills (proficiency in REVIT, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Modeling Software)
Skills and Behaviors:
• Highly motivated, excellent time management and efficiencies, and ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
• Excellent communication skills – works to keep entire Interior Design/Arch/Client team informed and aware throughout process
• Proactive, Self-Motivated, Can-Do attitude
• Collaborative spirit
• Positive leadership skills
• High level of conceptual creativity, innovative thinking and problem solving
• Ability to provide efficient and elegant design solutions
• Ability to have a solid working relationship with clients and internal teams.
Benefits and Compensation:
• Competitive salary
• Flexible work schedules with full time work-from-home option during COVID (including all necessary hardware and software) moving to Hybrid (in office and work-from-home balance) at undetermined time
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance packages
• Unlimited earning potential
• Bonus and profit sharing
• 401K matching program
ESG is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff. People of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. People of all genders, orientations, abilities and cultural identities are welcome and encouraged to apply.