Junior Architectural Designer (Single Family Residential and/or Hospitality)
Posted Friday, September 10
Salary / Compensation
Workshop/APD offers a competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Workshop/APD is a collaborative group of creative problem solvers. We specialize in luxury single-family home design, hospitality, and high-end commercial development from Aspen to Nantucket, Chicago to the Bahamas, and Manhattan to London. We actively leverage our experience to solve design challenges with innovative solutions. Our environment fosters creativity and embraces technological advances in products, fabrication, and materials.
We are looking for a junior designer focused on interior architecture to join our growing team in Minneapolis. The ideal candidate would be a gifted designer who is organized and able to multi-task on multiple projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Create renderings and presentations.
• Specify finishes, plumbing, lighting and furniture
• Develop material palettes and mood boards to convey design direction
• Take an active role in design through all phases of construction documentation.
• Work directly with Senior Designers/Design Director
• Occasional travel to NYC to collaborate with the entire team.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Professional degree in Architecture/Interior Design, or related field
• Experience in restaurant, hotel, or multi-family development a plus
• 1-3 years of experience in a firm
• Proficient in Revit and all Adobe programs
• Highly capable in 3D Studio Max, Rhino or Sketchup
• Passionate, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment on a wide range of project sizes