Junior Interior Designer
Posted Thursday, January 25
As a Junior Designer at Shea, you’ll collaborate with other experienced Designers, Architects, and leadership in developing creative solutions through all phases of design, approaching each project with a strategic mindset to help our clients reach their goals. You’ll work within the realms of hospitality, retail, and workplace, pulling best practices from across industries to create one-of-a-kind spaces and experiences.
Shea’s expertise and partnership with SheaMakes allows us to integrate all aspects of design from conceptualization all the way through production and procurement, allowing you to challenge your creativity and imagination and create truly unique, custom designs in this role.
As part of the team, you’ll receive learning opportunities and mentorship as well as the opportunity to enjoy Shea’s culture from everyday office interactions to special events. This includes monthly Shea Celebrates gatherings to recognize our team and learn about exciting Shea happenings inside and outside of our office. In addition, we host monthly rep presentations and happy hours where you have the opportunity to learn about new products, network and create lasting relationships.
What we’re looking for:
– Solid foundation of design skills and development of conceptual design supported by strategic thinking and rationale.
– Ability to merge those design skills with an understanding of consumer experience and design of space to bring brands and experiences to life.
– Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within commercial environments, including interior materials, finishes, lighting, furniture, and equipment.
– Collaboration with other team members, including, but not limited to other Designers, Design Directors, and Architects.
– Capability to provide translation of approved designs to the production of construction documents, and through construction administration under the direction/collaboration of Project Manager and/or Architect.
– Skills to verbally illustrate, rationalize, and present design concepts to teammates and clients clearly and effectively, with the ability to give and receive direction.
– Understanding of basic building code, detailed construction documents, and ability to determine compliance in quality and alignment with design.
– Capacity to thrive independently and in a teamwork setting, able to shift between multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
– Proficiency in Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, Revit and a drive to stay current and curious in your level of knowledge and abilities.
– 0-1 years of design experience
As a team, we create experiences by following our C.R.E.A.T.E. core values of Creativity, Relationships, Entrepreneurship, Adventure, Teamwork, and Excellence. If you have interest in joining us in Creating Experiences, we’d love to talk. No phone calls/agency calls, please. Shea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.