Junior/intermediate Architectural Designer
Posted Wednesday, February 10
JUNIOR/INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER (3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE)
Workshop/APD is an award-winning multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From sleek penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance the user’s experience through exceptional design.
Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of creative architects, interior designers and product designers leverage their vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.
We are currently seeking a full-time Junior/Intermediate designer focused on interior architecture to join our growing team in Minneapolis. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of architectural and interior design experience and be able to demonstrate the creative process.
Candidates must also have advanced digital modelling and rendering skills and professional Revit experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understand project requirements and the development of design concepts
• Produce client presentations
• Source products and materials
• Model and render Architectural projects and design concepts
• Prepare working drawings, designs, plans and models
• Work well in teams with lead designers and project managers
• Occasional travel to NYC to collaborate with the rest of the team.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Professional Degree in Architecture
• Experience in Concept Design through Design Development and Construction Documentation
• Strong conceptual, graphic and design aptitude
• Strong Proficiency in Architectural design software including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Rhino, Sketch-up, V-Ray and Adobe Suite
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, good communications skills, well organized.
Due to the current economic environment, this position will be on a contractor basis with the potential to become full time. Salary is commensurate with experience. Full time benefits include medical, vision, profit sharing 401(k) plan, short- and long-term disability, commuter benefits, IDP mentorship and AXP reimbursement, discretionary bonus, and personal time off (vacation, sick, holidays, and personal days).
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.