Landscape Architecture Intern
Posted Tuesday, January 28
LHB has an exciting opportunity in our Minneapolis office for a Landscape Architecture Intern currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture program!
Use your extraordinary design, planning, graphics, and communication skills to contribute to interesting projects with a diverse group of clients and project types. Our work includes parks and recreation, urban design, transportation, commercial, education, and multi-family housing projects at a variety of scales. Our team members collaborate on all phases of design and construction administration, as well as community engagement and master planning work. This internship includes opportunities for mentorship from professional landscape architects in a fun and collaborative environment.
The Landscape Architecture and Planning Studio at LHB is part of the Integrative Design Team (IDT)—a group of architects, landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, and related professionals with a shared vision for our work:
We live our passion to create regenerative communities.
Using our research-based approach, we design holistic systems to enhance human and ecological wellness.
Our supportive studio-based culture fosters curiosity and embraces diversity to build lasting relationships.
We hope that applicants for this position will be interested in joining us as we pursue this aspiration.
This position will assist team members on various tasks including preparation for client meetings, design development, construction documentation, construction observation, as well as daily office tasks. Specific responsibilities may include:
● Development of graphics for visual communication
● Technical/CAD drafting support
● Assistance in writing and compiling reports
● Working collaboratively with a team
● Actively pursuing a professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited degree program with anticipated graduation in 2021 or 2022.
● Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
● Application materials demonstrate working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
● Application materials demonstrate exceptional design skills and creativity
● Application materials demonstrate knowledge of sustainable design strategies
● Professional verbal communication and writing skills
• Work samples
Position Closing Date: February 28, 2020
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled