Posted Monday, January 10
Blue Pencil Collective
The position requires excellent communication, time management and technical skills as you will work closely with a Senior Designer and Project Manager developing non-routine and complex design concepts in a manner responsive to the client’s needs and deadlines. Depending on project type and scope, you must be able to determine the right amount of effort needed to generate mid- to high-level documents in an efficient and timely manner. The candidate will also have multiple opportunities for client interaction and will help our team maintain a commitment to design and quality for all types of projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develops a thorough understanding of projects’ design philosophy and provides major input in developing a design and building performance strategy and effectively conveys this to assigned team members when appropriate.
– Provides technical design input. Responsible for a project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work, in close collaboration with Senior Designer.
– Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions.
– Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants and knowledge resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project.
– Contributes to the preparation of design documents and leads the detailed development of construction documents during all project phases, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation. – Advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents drawings and specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent.
– Reviews and aides and coordinating project documents with relevant Building Codes, City Planning/Zoning ordinances and similar requirements for Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
– Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
– Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
– Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
– Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, cost estimates and calculations.
– Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture
– Architectural licensure is required
– Minimum 3-5 years of experience on small – to large scale project types.
– Knowledge of Revit and Blubeam and other industry accepted software as wall as expertise with project management software and Microsoft Office Suite products is needed.
Consultant, Full Time or Part Time
Located in White Bear Lake