Posted Friday, January 6
is searching for an experienced marketing leader to join our award-winning firm as a Marketing Director. Headquartered in Minneapolis with an office in Denver, we are a firm of civil, structural, and restoration engineering professionals who value relationships, reliability, and responsiveness.
Our ideal candidate is ambitious, energetic, and collaborative with extensive knowledge of marketing professional services with experience in the architectural, engineering, or construction industry. The primary role for this position is to lead the marketing strategies and activities of the firm, with a secondary role to assist in various business development initiatives.
The position is hybrid remote/in-office in our Minneapolis location.
• Develop and implement the firm marketing strategy.
• Establish and manage annual marketing budget.
• Develop strong, in-depth knowledge of firm’s portfolio, personnel, and offerings.
• Provide marketing research for overall market/firm strategy, as well as individual clients and pursuits.
• Stay abreast of new and current trends by attending industry programs and representing BKBM within the community and at strategic local business functions and events Seek new opportunities at these events as appropriate.
• Provide support for team members by mentorship and training. Work with part-time marketing coordinator.
• Assist in the planning and execution of employee engagement pursuits and activities / events as they pertain to our marketing plan and efforts.
• Participate in the development and updating of marketing materials.
• Create content for documents, proposals, presentations, qualifications packages, letters, articles, social media and any other materials required. Lead the marketing team in the daily production of those documents as necessary. Review content for consistency and alignment with our values and brand.
• Support website updates and maintenance.
• Assist with maintenance and development of activity on social media platforms.
Business Development Responsibilities
• Develop and manage our CRM system, maintaining data, monitoring results, and ensuring the use of the system supports the firm’s strategic goals as accurately and efficiently as possible.
• Assist with building strategy and coordinating firm business development efforts.
• Cultivate new leads, communicate BKBM’s value and secure new meetings with targeted clients and institutions.
• Manage business development activities to be completed by seller-doers, ensuring timely execution and follow through.
• Develop strong internal and external client relationships and build an extensive professional network.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong creative writing capability.
• Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
• Ability to collaborate with team members inside and outside BKBM.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage multiple deadlines.
• Self-directed individual with a passion for developing effective marketing materials and client relationships.
• Knowledge of, or experience in, the architecture/engineering or related industry and the RFP and RFQ process is a plus.
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of Deltek Vantagepoint is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in the AEC and/or professional services industry. Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that meet our criteria will be contacted. No phone calls or agency contact.
Please visit www.BKBM.com for more information about our firm.
BKBM Engineers is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.