Medical Project Architect
Posted Tuesday, November 19
You know so much about healthcare delivery that your friends call you Doc. Where others draw the Parthenon, your sketchbook is filled with OR suites and maternity wards. You crush deadlines, and you’re such a great multi-tasker that you’re reading this while tuning up your motorcycle.
You want to transform the healthcare industry and work with some of the most creative, fun and progressive people in our industry, and eat chocolate-covered potato chips. Guess what? We have the job for you.
JLG Architects is seeking a Medical Project Architect. Not just any professional, mind you. A JLG Medical Project Architect:
– Is driven to continuously improve the healthcare environment… A JLG Medical Architect knows healthcare and medical architecture like the dorsal of their metacarpal.
– …Both on- and off-stage. A JLG Medical Architect works to build healthier, more efficient, and more effective healthcare delivery systems that benefits both patients and providers.
– Designs, Educates, Leads. A JLG Medical Architect serves as the program and design specialist for all JLG medical work and safeguards the brand by providing oversight for all work completed by the JLGmed Division.
A few more attributes of a future JLGer:
– You need to be an experienced healthcare leader. You need at least 5-7 years of post-graduate experience in the planning, design, documentation, and construction of healthcare projects, including clinical and acute care environments, and campus planning.
– The acronyms NFPA, LEAN, and EDAC mean something to you. You understand clinician workflow and have exposure to process improvement activities and productivity systems such as PMP or Six Sigma.
– You know what it means to be a leader. Your “can-do” outlook and willingness to do what it takes garners the respect and confidence of your peers and project team. You stick to your budgets and schedules, period.
-You are ready to apply : Visit https://jlgarchitects.com/careers
On a 20-below January day in 1989, Gary Johnson and Lonnie Laffen opened the doors to JLG Architects with little more than a stack of bumwad and a burning desire to truly make a difference through great design (and probably a space heater, because brr).
Thirty years later, we are one of the country’s 50 Most Admired Companies (MSN Money), 50 Best Places to Work (Inc. Magazine), and Architecture Giants (Building Design+Construction). That two-person firm may have grown to 120 professionals in 12 offices, but our driving force remains the same.
Every day at JLG is a new day for creating, inspiring and solving challenges. Everyone – from our Intern Designers to our Construction Administrator to our Marketing staff – is the heart and brains of the process, and we work closely together because we are inspired by one another. We live and work with passion; we never stop at “good enough” when it comes to our own expertise and aptitude, and are innovative and resilient in seeking out new ways to actively participate in the experience of being a JLGer.
In fact, our JLGers are so important that we became a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP in 2014 because the best place to grow your career is at a business of your own design. So, if you are someone with fire in your belly and fun up your sleeve, you’re someone we want to meet.
Beyond a love for award-winning architecture and chocolate-covered potato chips (not required), here is what makes a JLGer:
Design | We raise the bar.
We inspire and innovate through creative solutions that elevate expectations and outcomes.
RELATIONSHIPS | We build connections.
We nurture collaborative, supportive, authentic, respectful relationships through clear and honest communication and adaptive decision making.
COMMUNITY | We make a difference.
We find new ways to actively engage in and uplift all of our communities — from our professional network to our local neighborhood to our family of JLGers.
STEWARDSHIP | We take good care.
We take full responsibility for our clients’, firm’s, and Earth’s resources to make smart decisions and mitigate risks for today and tomorrow.
INTEGRITY | We do what we say.
We do right by our clients, our communities, and ourselves.
But wait, there’s more – here are a few other reasons why it’s good to be a JLGer:
– Agile workforce program
– Summer and flexible hours
– JLGfit program
– Company-wide events and in-house social gatherings
– 100%-paid Medical Insurance
– Dental, Vision and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings Account; Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
– Paid vacation time; paid personal/sick time; paid holidays; paid volunteer time; paid military service
– Flexible Spending Accounts (Health/Daycare FLEX)
– Formal peer mentoring program; Company-sponsored training and continuing education
– Paid Architectural Registration Exams
– Endless growth opportunities
– For new graduates, a 3-year development program that cuts the time to licensure in half
– Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
– 401(k) retirement plan with employer match contribution
– Licensure bonus program
– Discretionary bonuses
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Job Type: Full-time