Professional Land Surveyor
Posted Friday, May 8
Aerotek is partnering with an energy and power client to locate a Professional Land Surveyor. Despite the current economic state, this is a long term salary position in a stable and growing market with outstanding benefits, PTO, pension plan, and company vehicle. This individual will have the responsibility of supporting the design, construction, and maintenance of electric distribution systems working 30% in the field and 70% in the office. You will be tasked with writing, recording, reviewing, and maintaining easements and other land-related legal documents. Additionally, you will update and maintain the land base layer in the GIS and serve as the territory boundary representative.
– Acquire new easements and maintain and manage current easements by processing acquisitions, releases and other legal documents to ensure compliance with legal requirements
– Perform work in AutoCAD to support to engineering and design of the company’s electric distribution system
– Survey easements and rights-of-way as needed for design and construction to ensure facilities are located within legal boundaries
– Reading, interpreting, and updating maps
– Occasionally perform drone flights to capture field data necessary to support the design process
– Associate Degree
– Professional Surveyor License
– 3+ years experience in land surveying or GIS systems
– Valid Driver’s License
– B.S. in GIS/Geography/Surveying
– Membership or experience with the International Right-of-Way Association (IRWA)
– Drone experience
We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.