Posted Thursday, August 8
Konik PrimeStaff is partnering with a Commercial Developer and Design/Build company in the south metro that is seeking to add a Project Architect to their team. They are seeking a licensed architect with the experience to lead and participate in all aspects of projects from client development, schematic design, and design development to construction document phases for commercial and industrial projects. They are also open to working with individuals that are not licensed but have the ability to gain licensure quickly.
Project Architect Responsibilities:
– Serve as Architect of record for a variety of project types and take on a leadership role for the Architectural team
– Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as required from initial meeting throughout project phases
– Lead the in-house design team and coordinate the efforts of external consultants
– Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development
– Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications
– Project planning and use of Revit and AutoCAD to produce documents (design development, construction documents)
– Submit appropriate applications and architectural presentation drawings to Planning/Zoning Dept. and/or public agencies as required.
– Coordinate with the Project Manager to develop a preliminary key schedule for initiation and completion of the Architectural/Engineering working drawings
– Assist Project Managers as required in the permit process for the procurement of the building permit.
– Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Project Manager, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
– Prepare and issue responses to contractors RFI’s
– Participate in job site meetings and construction observation activities as required
– Participate in the punch list process
Project Architect Qualifications:
– Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture Degree
– Architectural license in State of Minnesota strongly preferred
10+ years of experience in architectural design experience; experience in the following areas a plus: Office/warehouse, manufacturing, tenant improvement (retail, restaurant, office)
– Demonstrated proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
– Previous experience in a leadership capacity
– Previous experience working in design/build is ideal
– Strong working knowledge of building codes, materials and systems
– Have a thorough knowledge of architectural detailing and construction methodology
Konik PrimeStaff is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.
Konik PrimeStaff has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 45 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers. Konik PrimeStaff has specialized in placing professional, qualified personnel in Minnesota and western Wisconsin businesses since its inception and maintains a strong commitment to customer service.