Posted Tuesday, May 23
Glick Boehm & Associates, Inc.
At GBA Architecture, located in downtown Charleston, we believe that great design has the power to transform communities and improve people’s lives. We are a team of innovative and dedicated professionals who are passionate about creating beautiful, sustainable, and functional spaces that inspire and delight.
As a Project Architect / Project Manager at GBA Architecture, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects, from mixed-use developments and educational facilities to hospitality and commercial projects. You’ll collaborate with a talented and diverse team of architects, designers to create innovative and sustainable design solutions that meet the needs of our clients and the communities we serve.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Architect / Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading architectural design projects from start to finish, managing project teams, collaborating with clients and stakeholders, and ensuring that all projects are completed within budget and on time.
• Provide limited, high level, production supervision as necessary for work involving a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
• Manage all aspects of multiple small to large sized projects.
• Coordinate all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
• Serve as primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
• Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs, project communications and documentation, office administrative tasks, and project team assignments.
• Estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals.
• Supervise the preparation, and check the accuracy of contract documents.
• Incorporate applicable codes, construction techniques, and sequences in various projects including all aspects of cross disciplines.
• Supervise and/or perform site observations, such as recording and reporting of existing conditions and construction progress.
• Handle problems and questions as they occur during construction. Maintain responsibility for project cost control.
• Responsible for external communications such as making telephone calls and preparing correspondence to clients, officials, and contractors as required by various projects.
• Write reports such as feasibility studies, condition reports, and recommendations.
• Supervise and perform building code reviews and prepare applications.
• Responsible for major design decisions, involving spatial, aesthetic elements, and detailing of materials.
• Document the progression of a routine project through correspondence, memos, etc. Follow routine projects through approvals and construction. Initiate contact with client and town officials.